There’s no getting around the changing seasons in Shelby, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the best time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners strictly associate furnace service with swapping out filters, but having a tune-up performed can help your system run smoother, providing you with efficient comfort that may help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty clear, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy expenses.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, switching furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Hopper Heating and Air pro comes by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are out there. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping reduce your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few easy ways to help boost your comfort when the temperatures go down in Shelby. Whether you’re calling to set up annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is correct for your system, give the team at Hopper Heating and Air a call at 704-233-7363 to start saving a little more today.