Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Shelby is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While Hopper Heating and Air constantly recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got some tips to help keep your air conditioner functioning this season.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter consistently! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s functionality. mow the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that blocks your unit before you run it this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts checked for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not escaping through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from unnecessary air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to schedule your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Hopper Heating and Air in Shelby at 704-233-7363 today.