Before you start filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Shelby are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups pinpoint areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you are required to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are getting the most out or your system.
- Reduce expenses – You want the greatest performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main goal, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will check the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are not good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are lots of moving parts within in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can gather on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and increase the amount of energy used.
The experts from Hopper Heating and Air in Shelby can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 704-233-7363 and keep cool this summer.