Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at top efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Shelby summer, have the professionals at Hopper Heating and Air conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Certain tasks should always be done during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the atmosphere.
- Inspect for proper airflow through the system.
- Check the right electric control sequence to make sure of proper sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to run at peak efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will depend on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Hopper Heating and Air today at 704-233-7363.