During the cooler Shelby months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to Hopper Heating and Air will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should look for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Hopper Heating and Air ASAP if you observe any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be examined by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your utility costs, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Hopper Heating and Air can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Hopper Heating and Air at 704-233-7363 or schedule an appointment with us online.