Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family warm during the Shelby colder months. If you already called Hopper Heating and Air for your annual service, you’re definitely on top of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Give us a call at 704-233-7363 to get one set-up.
There are lots of simple things you can do in between pro tune-ups to increase the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t stress this enough: check your filters frequently and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a simple way to enhance the airflow through your heat pump and uphold peak efficiency.
- Determine if your coils and fans are clear for optimum airflow. Diminished airflow makes your heat pump work harder and can harm your system’s compressor.
- Certify that your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have grown up around your outdoor unit or litter has collected, be sure to open the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to ensure that it’s working properly. Just turn it on and gently increase the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, check back to our blog post on heat pump repair or more thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfy matters to us. For more plans on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Hopper Heating and Air at 704-233-7363 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!