In Shelby you depend on your furnace
to keep you comfortable throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a regular maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be looking at a furnace repair
visit sooner rather than later. As a minimum, you could have a dirty air filter, which can impede air flow and effect your furnace’s performance. It could even create problems with your furnace’s limit switch, which runs furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some symptoms for you to search for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump repair, the better. Call in a professional, like Hopper Heating and Air, if you notice any of these symptoms:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it working enough? Is it running all the time? Is the air blowing through as easily as it should, or does it seem tired? Indications related to your blower could signify a minor problem with your air filter or the interior blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It could be that your furnace is too little for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, along with other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working loudly or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be trouble.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace at once and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC pro or your gas company inspects it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Many times this is a clogged condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is climbing, but your usage is not, there could be a number of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Hopper Heating and Air at 704-233-7363 when you need to schedule repairs or annual maintenance.