With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at top efficiency, it can trim a significant amount off your energy costs! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly increase your expenses and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Hopper Heating and Air expert perform air conditioning service
at least annually is critical to keeping your system operating at its best for a long time. He or she can make sure the unit is working properly and can identify potential concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your professional air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your professional air conditioning service, there are tasks you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at its best.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during cooler months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may hurt your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area surrounding your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing too close to your AC unit because they could inhibit airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any aspect of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them monthly and replace per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on factors like owning house pets or performing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you keep a cozy home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the experts at Hopper Heating and Air a call at [[phonenumber]].